(click link above for Calendar)
VBS 2021-Mystery Island
July 18-22 6:00 pm-8:30pm each night
Is there just one God? . . . Who is God? . . . What is God like? . . . Does God love me? . . . Can I know God? Our kids grapple with questions like these every day. At Mystery Island, we’ll uncover the truth about our Creator God! There’s a sea of confusion about who God is and what he’s like, so we’ll track down the one true God and learn how amazing he is through the pages of Scripture. Mystery Island VBS is packed with teaching that connects the Bible to the real world and gives kids a better understanding of our awe-inspiring Creator and the salvation he offers through Jesus Christ. Each day, kids will learn more about one of God’s amazing attributes (great, almighty, ruler, Emmanuel, trustworthy) and how that applies to their lives. Grab your sunscreen and get ready for a taste of paradise as you track down the one true God at Mystery Island!
Use the link above to learn more about the event, and to register your students or to volunteer.
Small Group Ministry
Where Will You Find Your Community?
God has designed the Christian life to be lived in both covenant and community with other believers. At FBCW, one of our primary vehicles for providing Gospel-Centered and Gospel-Driven Community is though our Small Groups Ministry.
Small Groups meet throughout our region, on various nights of the week, to provide more options that fit your season of life. Small Groups are home-based groups that provide a layer of discipleship through Bible study, discussion and fellowship. (Acts 2:42-47)
Small Groups Ministry serve as an opportunity to grow in our faith, grow in community with others, and live out the Great Commission to take the Gospel of Jesus to all people.
We have unique Small Groups for Men, Women, Couples, and Youth.
For additional information about our Small Group Ministry, call the church office at 618-390-1046
FBCW provides a biblically rooted, gospel-centered, safe, and fun children’s ministry that comes alongside the parents to invest in the spiritual lives of children. From apologetics bible lessons to activities, the children’s ministry at FBCW is aimed at reaching children with the love and gospel of Jesus.
9 am (babies-5th Grade)
10:30 am (babies-2nd Grade)
*The first three Sundays of the month, an extra class is offered during Worship Service (10am) for students in grades 3-5.
Visit our safe and convenient Child-Check-In Station to check in and for resources.
There are so many resources out there for kids and parents alike from which to learn and grow in Christ. We have gathered some helpful resources below for you. We provide updates throughout the week on our Facebook page that coincide with the weekly lesson and for every day life. Also, visit the church resource library for more resources available in print and digital media.
- Answers in Genesis: https://answersingenesis.org
- This is the organization from which our materials for First Kids comes. The main website offers a variety of information for kids and parents.
- The “Kids” section is also usable by children so that they can learn and explore on their own or with guidance.
- The Parent Cue: https://theparentcue.org
- This website has a wide variety of resources from a blog, podcasts, and store. From here, you can also access their app. This app is customizable to your family to give you tips and inspiration throughout their life.
- Focus on the Family: https://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/
- Many may already be familiar with this site. Here you will find numerous recourses, including podcasts. Some of you may remember “Adventures in Odyssey”. That is now available as a podcast.
- Fierce Parenting: https://fierceparenting.com
- This website is currently comprised of articles and resources, but they will soon be launching a podcast.
- This family also has a website and podcast dedicated for resources on marriage. https://fiercemarriage.com
- Parenting on Purpose: http://parentingonpurpose.org
- This is a podcast only. However, the website does provide a glimpse into each of the episodes and provides a way to listen from their website.
- RightNow Media: http://fbcwoodlawn.org/rightnow-media/
- Our FREE gift to you is a subscription to RightNow Media. RightNow Media has been called “The Netflix of Christian Media.” With over 20,000 videos available, RightNow Media contains material for your whole family, as well as training material for church leaders and members. Did we mention that it’s FREE?
- For your personal FREE subscription text “Woodlawn” to 49775
- You can also send an email to pastor Brian Fuller and request an email link to subscribe.
*Children’s Ministry Director ~ Jessica Clinton ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
FBC Woodlawn impacts our regional communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through small groups, corporate worship, missions, evangelism, and personal testimony.